Classic Car Rental
Self drive hire of classic cars is becoming increasing popular with enthusiasts, partners who want to give an unusual and special present and holiday makers who are seeking a vacation with that ‘something especially different’ factor. Anyone who is fortunate to own a classic car will appreciate the time and expense that is required to keep their car in a good and reliable condition. Often it is difficult to justify having a classic car that languishes in a garage for most of the year. All classic cars benefit from use and long stays in a garage is not always in the best interest of reliability. That is why hiring a classic car is becoming a popular alternative to ownership.
Hiring a classic car or vintage car hire as referred to by some people takes away the burden of ownership whilst providing a greater choice. There are a number of schemes available today from companies, like Vintage Classic's, who can offer a variety of classic cars for hire on a daily hire basis, to membership clubs where an annual subscription provides a number of days classic car driving per year.
Apart from the Daimler Sovereign, the cars available for hire from Vintage Classic's just happen to be all red. This was not intentional and we are certainly not competing with Henry Ford by using a different colour. However, as the fleet grows it will be interesting to see if future purchases will result in more red cars. One thing for sure is that the fleet will consist of cars on most people's 'wish list' so there will be most people's favourite car (in time) which will be available for hire.
Money permitting, it would have been easier to have a fleet consisting of all E–types or MGC’s but the ethos of the company is to provide a good selection of classic cars for rental which will help stimulate a good relationship with our clients. We often hear ‘I always wanted an Alfa Romeo, the GTV coupe is such a beautiful car but I have always been afraid of its reputation for rust’. By hiring our Alfa you can fulfil that desire to drive that car of your dreams.
Simply the best and a cut above the rest...
Vintage Classics, the only self drive classic car company in Wiltshire, offers 24 hour hire periods with flexible start times – you want a car from midday to midday any day of the week – no problem! All the cars on our website are those we hire to you, all of which are owned by ourselves so we know their little idiosyncrasies so we can give you a full briefing to ensure your enjoyment of your hire.
All charges include:
- 24 hire periods
- Flexible hire start times
- 300 miles per hire day (we simply would not recommend more for your own comfort!)
- Fully comprehensive insurance for 1 driver
- Full national breakdown cover
- Our own carefully researched tours and tourist information covering the West Country, Cotswolds & Wales including our popular 5 counties of National Trust property tours and a map if you wish to find your own path
- Use of picnic basket, blanket and (just in case!) an umbrella
- Secure parking for your own vehicle
- Carbon offsets since 2006
- Accommodation recommendation
- for those using our self drive wedding cars we provide FREE silk ribbons, handmade bows and silk flowers
- All cars are fully fuelled, valeted and undergo rigorous maintenance checks prior to each hire. Each driver is given a full briefing and familiarized with the car before departure
At additional cost we can include:
- Fully comprehensive insurance for additional driver(s)
- Food for picnic basket
So before you buy elsewhere just check they offer the same exceptional value for money!
Unsure which car you want? Want to surprise a loved one? Need something that others can’t provide? Contact us for a truly personal friendly service we are happy to talk through all the car and hire options.